Week 3 progress

During week 3, after our design presentations, my team and I were able to fabricate column supports for the track. Also, I help my team cutting plywood mold to make the curve track. The idea was to kerf the wooden track, add wooden clue to the slits, clamped on to the arc-shaped mold, and leave it overnight to dry.

Since I am planning to fabricate the guide rail, I emailed Dan about kerf specifications for the angle iron. I am planning to use 3/16'' thickness 2'' x 2''x 6 ft 3 pieces and 2'' x 2'' x 3 ft 1 piece of angle iron to fabricate the guide rail.  Dan emailed me back saying that each slit has to be 4-6'' apart and depth of each slit has to be about 3/4'', and also to use an acetylene torch to help the angle iron to bend. I am planning to get the guide rail done the beginning of next week.

On Thursday, I helped Eric to buy wood and fasteners from Home Depot.  We bought all the wood stock we needed to build our full-scale track.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week#4 Progress

Week #5 Update - Last Week